We understand that visiting a new church can sometimes feel a little intimidating. It’s important to us that your initial experiences at Catch the Fire DFW are easy! Learn about our Connect Table and the free gift we would like to give you. Find out about Children’s Ministry and how to check-in your kids. Read through the “What should I expect?” section. We want to ensure your visit is great!
Visit Our Connect Table
- When you arrive, our Greeters will welcome you and can help direct you or answer any questions you might have.
- After the service concludes, visit our Connect Table in the lobby, turn in your completed Connect Card to one of our leaders and receive a free gift!
- The information you provide us will be entered into our system, enabling us to effectively communicate with you and include you in opportunities to learn more about Catch the Fire.
What about my kids?
- We have an amazing children’s ministry!
- At check-in stations, parents/guardians will receive a unique ticket that matches their child’s nametag. You will need to present this tag at the conclusion of service when you pick up your child from their class.
- Birth through kindergarten will go immediately to their classes once they check in. Babies are always welcome in the service with mom and dad too.
- 1st – 5th graders will attend worship with their parents and then be dismissed to their classes before the sermon.
- All of our Children’s Ministry Team are trained, back-ground checked, FUN and POWERFUL!!!
- We believe that there is no junior Holy Spirit. Our Children’s Ministry is aimed at helping your child grow in their experience of God, their personal relationship with him, and their understanding of God’s word.
What should I expect when I visit Catch the Fire DFW?
- You can expect a friendly, casual atmosphere. Our leaders on the platform usually wear jeans, so there is no need to dress up unless you just want to. We are a friendly bunch, so expect smiles and introductions and handshakes and hugs!
- You can expect an emphasis on God’s presence and touch. We believe God is present with us as we gather to worship. He loves to make himself known to us and we were made to know him in an experiential way. People sometimes respond to God’s touch in physical and/or emotional ways. This is normal and very biblical. There is no pressure to respond in any particular manner, just the freedom to encounter his love and goodness, and respond authentically from your heart.
- You can expect an emphasis on clear teaching from the Bible. We believe in the inspiration and authority of the Bible, and devote significant time and care to teaching the scripture. Our desire is to grow together in our understanding and application of scripture in daily life, allowing God’s authority through scripture to thoroughly shape the way we view reality and live our lives.
- You can expect an emphasis on the power of the Holy Spirit. We pray for the sick. We share prophetic words of encouragement and comfort. We actively trust God to heal our brokenness and set us free from those things that keep us from being the people God created us to be.
- You can expect expressive worship. God made us body, soul and spirit—so we enjoy worshiping him with our whole being. You will see people sing, shout, clap, lift their hands, and dance as they express their love to God. Our music is contemporary. We usually sing for about 40 minutes, and you are welcome to join in as much as you want to. We almost always take communion together, and all who would name Jesus as Lord are welcome to receive communion with us.
- You can expect both male and female leadership. In Genesis 1 we see that God made Man both male and female, and gave them both authority. God’s original design is for his authority to have both masculine and feminine expression in unity. Our senior leaders share most of the preaching responsibilities. We are governed by an Elder Team that includes men and women, and you will see a male/female partnership in many expressions of leadership at Catch the Fire.
- You can expect a no-pressure approach to giving. Our offering boxes are in the back of the room and online giving is easy too. Our members share in God’s great joy of giving by contributing faithfully to Catch the Fire DFW. Your gift is welcome.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at moc.w1568942569fderi1568942569fehth1568942569ctac@1568942569ofni1568942569 and we would be happy to help you. Our leaders and staff would also be delighted to answer your questions, so please don’t hesitate to introduce yourself and ask. The Connect Table is a great place to meet leaders before and after service.
We look forward to seeing you at Catch the Fire DFW!